Sebastian Inlet State Park is located between the Treasure and Space Coasts of Florida on the Atlantic Ocean, half way between Vero Beach and Melbourne.
Type of Park
Florida State Park – $28 per night – 3 points
- The park has 51 RV sites, 8 with 50 amp and 43 with with 30 amp electric, no sewer and 1 dump station.
- We stayed in Site 49, which is 3 away from the dump station and a line forms everyday around checkout (11am).
- The gravel site was clean, raked and ready for our arrival. Leveling required blocks on the site.
- We had no problem cooling our 30 amp coach in 95 degree July heat. Our neighbor tried to use a 50 to 30 converter and couldn’t cool his coach without running the generator 24/7. He left after 2 days of a 5 day booking.
- We got 6 over the air TV channels with a digital antenna.
- We were not able to fully empty our grey water tank at the dump site since it was not level and there was a line behind us so we had to move on and dump at our arrival park
Hookup score: 3
- There is partial shade throughout the park. Sites along the water have no trees, sites in the middle have a few and sites on the back tract have more.
- Site 49 easily accommodated the coach, our 10 ft hexagonal Clamshell, the outdoor kitchen setup and all our other gear and gadgets. Thankfully it had a large berry tree to block the afternoon sun and that was a coolsaver.
Site score: 3
- There are 2 bathhouses, each with women and men’s rooms with 2 showers stalls, 3 sinks and 3 toilets each, along with 2 family/handicapped rooms with contained toilet, shower and sink.
- All are old and have mold in the showers. The volunteers do their best to keep up with the heavy usage, but showers never really get the chance to dry out because the fans are broken.
- There is one credit card operated XL commercial washer/dryer at $2.00 for a 30 minute wash and $2.00 for a 60 minute dry that worked perfectly.
Facilities score: 2
- If you are in Sebastian without a car, your mobility is limited unless you can walk or bike 2 miles with whatever gear you are carrying.
- The fishing pier, ocean, lagoon and water rentals are all 2+ miles away from the campground. If you need a grocery store, or just want a Starbucks latte, it’s 12+ miles away.
Mobility score: 3 for us, because we are cargo-mobile on our ebikes, but we have to give it a 2 for those who don’t eride
Quality of Outdoor Activities
- Everything you want to do in nature is at Sebastian Inlet. If you are looking for miniature golf, soft serve ice cream and a Boardwalk, you will be disappointed.
- If you are looking to catch a big one, ride a bike trail, walk a nature trail, kayak mangroves, or look for sea turtles nesting on the beach, this park is for you. If you need cable or a 5 star spa, don’t come.
Quality of outdoor activities score: 4
- It’s deserted during the day cause everyone is doing some outdoor activity then the night rolls in, the music turns on, the campfires light up and the sounds of laughter and good times echo through the park.
- The vibe is communal, friendly, relaxed, stressless.
Vibe score: 4
Total points 22 = 4 RVs